Sunday, May 24, 2015

Brim with Joy

Wednesday Night: As we were packing to leave for a trip to visit Daughter #3's mission field, we received an elated email from Cassi: "I just found out the best of news!! Sue is getting her endowments out on Friday at 5!!! We have to go! That would be just amazing!"




Sue was a convert that she had found, taught, and witnessed her baptism, one year previously. Thankfully, one of the members in the Leesburg Ward had seen our daughter's Facebook post about coming to the DC area and informed her for this the night before we left Utah.

Thursday Night: We added our temple recommends to our carry on bags and headed to Salt Lake International for the red-eye to Ronald Reagan Airport in Washington DC.We landed at 10:15 the next morning and headed to the National Mall. After parking at Arlington Cemetery, we rode the metro up to start at the top of the mall going to my personal favorite: Library of Congress.


Friday Night: We ended up walking the entire mall back to the Cemetery to hurry to the DC Temple for the 6:00 session. For the first time I understood Ammon's description of joy in the Book of Mormon: "Behold my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God" (Alma 26:11). As we hurried into the majestic DC Temple, I was tired and my thighs were throbbing, but I was thrilled to see her convert Sue's eyes light up when she saw her missionary, our daughter. Now newly married, our daughter and her husband were chosen to be the witness couple and as result, our daughter was waiting in celestial room when Sue entered for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment