Monday, November 28, 2011

Gdansk

It seems like my last email was so long ago because so much has happened this week. Sister Garcia and I left our area over to the Elders. It was sad to leave. We had a great last meeting with Hania. She made a promise in her prayer at the end to read the Book of Mormon and really search for the right road for her. It was amazing to see how at first she just thought we were fun people to meet with but now has found a need to read to find truth. It is like we read in Preach my Gospel---she was finding answers she didn't know she was searching for.

Saying Goodbye to Bydgoszcz.
Sister McAdams came up the night before so all three of us had to make to the train station with all our stuff. We had a taxi(van) come and pick us up. And he thought we were crazy. Luckily the elders met at the train station and helped us get all our bags on the train. And Sister McAdams and I started off on our way to Gdansk and Sister Garcia to Warsaw. Gdansk is a pretty city. I haven't been able to see much of it, but it is pretty. The Elders left the apartment actually very clean. The only food left was ketchup, but it was clean. No fish this time. We also caught the prank the Elders wanted to pull before - they set our phone to go off in the middle the night but luckily we stopped it. Our apartment is really big, and I have a real bed this transfer. It is amazing. The Elders left great instructions on everything including tricks like how to get hot water.

Sister McAdams and I have already been lost a couple of times (The 8 tram does not get us home) and we also have been separated. Coming home from church Sister McAdams got off the tram and I didn't. But we found each other again. The branch here is really small but the have a great kaplica. This week at church the Branch President was out of town and the first counselor, the Relief Society President also wasn't at church. We have an American couple (Lewises) here for work (they weren't at church) we also have an American family (Bergises). He is a basketball player (6'11) and his wife and four kids are here with him. Sister Bergis plays the piano. In Gdansk we have some of the oldest members. And at the tram stop we were greeted by most of them. They are so excited that sisters are here. Most of the branch consists of grandmas. So at church on Sunday we had Ania (newly baptized member) young single adult, Bogan an older man, 5 babcias and Magda, one investigator and the Bergis family. With all the leadership gone that left the missionaries doing everything. Elder Waits conducted sacrament meeting, I led the music, Sister McAdams translated, Elder Berry blessed the sacrament, then Sister McAdams, Elder Berry and I gave talks. In Sunday School Elder Waits taught and Elder Berry translated. And in Relief Society Sister McAdams taught and I translated. I guess we just came on a good week---normally other members teach. Anyway I already love the members here and Sister McAdams and I are scheduled with most of them to meet this week. They keep expressing in their prayers gratitude that the Sisters are back in Gdansk.
Sister McAdams and I have been doing tracking and contacting, and it is going to be a good transfer. Sister McAdams is like a fireball and doesn't let anything stop her. We already had some really amazing experiences. For example, it took three times calling someone on the domophone and then finding a hidden staircase to meet her. But she promised to read and we scheduled to meet her this week. It isn't going to be easy, but it will be good.

Yesterday we had zone conference. It was fun to be in Bydgoszcz again. But that was a lot of trains this last week. Zone conference was great. We talked a lot about using our time wisely. President Nielson also talked about how Lehi's family travel is very comparable to our mission. We are asked to leave our worldly possessions and trust the Lord. "We are sent into the wilderness." Well we are in the wilderness but who are we becoming? Anyway Zone conference was amazing and I learned a lot.

I just wanted to thank you all for everything you do and how you keep working hard. You all help me keep going when it hard and cold. I couldn't make it without all your prayers. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment