Sunday, June 5, 2011

Zone Conference

The Polish sister missionaries.
Last fall, we had an area seventy come to zone conference. He told us to do some specific things, and our mission has been trying to do it. So this zone conference when an another member of the First Quorum of Seventy came, he told us how we can get to the next plane of missionary work. Sister Jones and I were the example missionaries. Talk about nerve wracking, but it was a great experience.


I loved zone conference. I had my questions answered. I came home with a recommitment to make every moment count---to forget myself and serve for the Lord. To not study to strengthen me but to be prepared to help our investigators. To not find my comfort zone but find others I can help on the way. I realized how many minutes we waste in the day, not purposely but unknowingly, we let others pass us by. I came home with a firm resolve to become someone that Lord can really use. I also must say that I have continued in quoting Elder Texeira in “you cannot have success without having failure.” And sometimes it is easy to see what we have failed in, but in looking but I think we have succeeded in a couple of things; we are trying our best. Sister Jones and I started applying what we learned on the train and we taught a lesson on way back.

No comments:

Post a Comment